Android users have now the facility of using Railgadi app, the most promising, advanced, and intuitive app that provides all information related to a train travel the fingertips of the traveller with a single touch of the finger. This app has the pride of being the first Indian railway app that offers end to end information to a traveller who is travelling by train in India.
The app covers a whopping number of more than 10500 stations all across the country and provides information about the amenities available in and around those stations. With live information of more than 11000 trains loaded on to the app, this will provide its users all the real-time information about running trains with greater accuracy.
General features of the app
When it comes to general features, there are more of them in the Railgadi app than any other app which is available for download at the Play Store. Some of the most striking general features of this unique app are as follows:
- Time tables for all passenger and express trains
- PNR status information
- Easy sharing of PNR with friends
- Train Seat availability information
- Get fare enquiry information
- Status of live trains
- handy link to open official IRCTC website's mobile version
- Check live running status of more than 11,000 trains
- Easy adding of trains as favourites
- Easy finding of trains with train number or partial name of the train
- Searching trains between two stations
- Easy saving of offline train routes for quick access
Unique features of the app
While the above-mentioned general features are available in quite a few railway apps, that is not all that the Railgadi app has to offer. What makes it stand apart from the rest of the crowd is the set of unique features which are not available in any other app that is available currently.
- Ability to locate nearby stations within a radius of 200 km.
- Provide station information with list of amenities available in and around the station
- Speedometer feature to check the speed of the running train while sitting inside the train
- Station alarm feature that allows the user to set a distance based alarm which will buzz on as the train approaches the station
- Detailed information about order of coach and coach layouts
- GPS based Real time train running information without using internet
- Cloud based tracking of PNR
- Cloud based tracking and sharing information on train delays, diversions, reschedules or cancellations.
- Berth and seat calculator which will give quick information on whether the allotted berth is a lower, middle, upper or isle berth.
If you are an iOS user and wondering that when will you get the chance to make use of the beneficial features that this app has to provide, you will not have to wait for long before youget this app in IOS version as well. The developers are working on the same and the iOS version of the app is expected very shortly.